Exports to kiwiHR are in CSV (comma-separated values) format.
When a file opens in Excel it is possible that there are special characters. This is not a bug but a problem of visualisation which can be very easily solved.
1. Export the kiwiHR file you wish to analyse
2. Create a new Excel workbook.
3. Click on the Data tab and then on From a text/CSV file
4. A window appears when the CSV is loaded
5. Choose in Origin of file, 65001: Unicode UTF8 then click on Next.
6. On the next screen select Semicolon and click Finish.